Canon imageFORMULA P-215IIItem No. 9705B007
The imageFORMULA P-215II Scan-tini mobile document scanner is an ideal solution for both Windows® and Mac® environments. Complete with a built-in card scanner, the P-215II scanner’s compact size, simple use, and high-quality imaging bring sophistication to mobile information capture, storage, and collaboration.
The P-215II scanner was designed to improve personal productivity and efficiency anywhere, from home offices, to classrooms, even traveling in between. It can help meet the document capture needs of stationary users and “road warriors” in healthcare, legal services, financial services, and many other areas. Users can conveniently execute general purpose distributed scanning tasks and help reduce paper in the process.
At 11 inches long and weighing just over two pounds, the P-215II scanner incorporates an automatic document feeder (ADF) and card scanner in its sleek design. Bringing the power of document capture to any workspace, the portable P-215II scanner also fits easily into a briefcase.
Upon connecting to a computer, the P-215II scanner has a “Plug-and-Scan” capability, allowing users to initiate scanning without installing drivers or applications. Users can also simplify scan tasks by configuring routine scan jobs for quick and easy one-touch access. And the scanner even includes a mode whereby a single click can automatically adjust multiple feature settings to deliver optimal images.
The P-215II scanner includes features to help improve the legibility of hard-to-scan documents, even those with dark backgrounds, as well as to trim, straighten, and remove shadows from scanned images. Another setting is useful for scanning mixed batches of documents and photographs, automatically adjusting the resolution to improve image quality.
The P-215II scanner is powered via a single USB cable connected to a computer, and it can scan both sides of an item at the same time, which helps save time. To complement the ADF, this scanner also includes an integrated card scanner capable of handling plastic or embossed cards. An optional wireless capability broadens connectivity. When combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack, the scanner not only works wirelessly with Windows and Mac, but also with iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™ devices via the free, downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app.
The P-215II scanner includes Windows ISIS®/TWAIN drivers and a Mac TWAIN driver—industry-standard interfaces—for easy scanner integration with third-party applications and easy device sharing between Windows and Mac users. With an intuitive user interface, the bundled CaptureOnTouch software can improve collaboration, scanning directly to cloud applications such as Evernote®, Microsoft® SharePoint®, and Google Docs™.
- Model: 9705B007
- Document Feeding:¬†Automatic, Manual
- Document Weight:¬†14 lb. To 34 lb. Bond
- Document Size: W: 2.0″ – 8.5″ L: 2.8″ – 14.0″
- Feeder Capacity: 20 sheets
- Max. Document Size (H x L): 8.5″ x 14″
- Scan Image:¬†8 bit Grayscale or 24 bit Color
- Scanning Element:¬†Contact Image Sensor
- Scanning Modes:¬†Color, Grayscale, Black & White
- Optical Resolution:¬†Up to 600 dpi
- Output Resolution: 150/200/300/400/600 dpi
- Scanning Speed: Simplex 8 ppm Duplex 16 ipm
- Supported OS: Windows 64-bit, 32 bit to Win 10, Mac OS x10.7.5 – 10.9.1
- Operation Panel: Single-Touch Button
- Interface(s): USB 2.0 & 3.0
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6″ x 11″ x 3.7″
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Network Functions:¬†500 Scans
- Options: AC Adapter, Carrying Case, eCarePAK Extended Service, Separation Pad, USB Cable, WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack, Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile (available at the App Store)
- Features:¬†Automatic Page Size Detection, Background Smoothing, Background Removal, Bleed-through Reduction, Color Dropout/Enhancement, Deskew, Double Feed Detection, Folio, Long Document Mode, (OCR), Shadow Removal, Skip Blank Page, Text Enhancement, Text Orientation Recognition
- Manufacturer‚Äôs Warranty:¬†1 Year