Canon imageFORMULA DR-M140Item No. 5482B002
Each day, legal, medical, government, and financial staff members are challenged with overwhelming amounts of paperwork. From invoices to letters and contracts to EKG strips, those in paper-based businesses require a document capture system that helps ensure efficient information management—that system starts with the DR-M140 scanner.
Scanning often involves mixed batches of documents. To address widespread needs, the DR-M140 scanner employs two feeding paths. The default U-turn path works well for typical jobs, while the straight path can be selected to handle items such as thick or thin documents and embossed plastic cards. This scanner also offers pickup feeding for increased reliability upon initiating a scan, as well as Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection to help ensure that no data is lost if a double-feed occurs.
The DR-M140 scanner is well suited for desktop use, reducing the space and the learning curve somtimes required to process documents. Its front-loading and front-eject features allow users to easily scan documents without a lengthy tray. A convenient control panel enables easy access to pre-programmed scanning tasks, and a Double-Feed Release button on the scanner body allows users to handle special documents, such as envelopes.
The DR-M140 is equipped to scan 6,000 documents per day by holding 50 sheets in its feeder and scanning up to 40 pages/80 images per minute in all modes, including color. With such strong capacities, this scanner helps to effectively transition to a paperless office.
The DR-M140 scanner maximizes image quality with features such as Character Emphasis to improve the legibility of hard to-capture documents. The Auto Resolution setting is useful for scanning mixed batches while automatically adjusting the resolution to improve clarity and compress file sizes. And with capabilities such as Background Smoothing and Shadow Cropping, the DR-M140 scanner emphasizes accurate scanning and furthers superb output.
With the DR-M140 scanner comes a suite of software applications. Canon’s CaptureOnTouch helps simplify scanning tasks, and CapturePerfect® delivers advanced image processing features. Both also scan to cloud applications, such as Microsoft® SharePoint®, to improve collaboration. Also including Kofax VRS and Nuance eCopy® PDF Pro Office, the bundled software package widens the scope of scanning capabilities. The DR-M140 scanner is also bundled with ISIS®/TWAIN drivers for easy integration with third-party capture or content management systems.
- Model: 5482B002
- Document Feeding:¬†Automatic, Manual
- Document Weight: 7lb. To 68lb. Bond
- Document Size: W: 2.0″ – 8.5″ L: 2.9″ – 14.0″
- Feeder Capacity: 50 sheets
- Max. Document Size (H x L): 8.5″ x 118″
- Scan Image:¬†8 bit Grayscale or 24 bit Color
- Scanning Element: One-Line Contact Image Sensor
- Scanning Modes:¬†Color, Grayscale, Black & White
- Optical Resolution:¬†Up to 600 dpi
- Output Resolution: 100/200/300/400/600 dpi
- Scanning Speed: Simplex 40 ppm Duplex 80 ipm
- Supported OS:¬†Windows XP Professional (32-bit/64-bit) Windows XP Home (32-bit), Windows Vista¬Æ (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Operation Panel:¬†One-Touch Job Buttons
- Interface(s): High Speed USB 2.0
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.7″ x 12.3″ x 7.1″
- Weight: 5.7 lbs
- Network Functions: 6,000 Scans
- Options: Flatbed Scanner Unit 101, Exchange Roller Kit, Barcode Module, eCarePAK (Exchange Service)
- Features:¬†Auto Color Detection, Auto Page Size Detection, Auto Resolution Setting, Background Smoothing, Character Emphasis, Deskew, Double-Feed Release, Edge Emphasis, Folio Mode, Long Document Mode, MultiStream, Pre-Scan, Prevent Bleed-Through/Remove background, Shadow Cropping, Skip Blank Page, Text Orientation Recognition, Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection, User Preferences
- Manufacturer‚Äôs Warranty: 1 Year